Click here to learn more on Lessons and when to use it with your classroom.
To use Lessons with your CodeMonkey classroom:
Click on the My Classrooms page from the menu to the left of the page.
Locate the classroom you would like to use Lessons with, and click on it.
In the classroom's dashboard, go to the ‘Lessons’ tab.
On the right-side of the page is the Course Selection drop down, where you can choose the lesson you want to teach. Currently, CodeMonkey Lessons is only available for Coding Adventure Parts 1, 2 and 3.
Underneath, you will find the name of the course you chose and the corresponding lesson plans.
Click on the green button to download the lesson plan relevant for this lesson.
In the Shortcuts menu on the right-side, you will find helpful tools such as links to playtime challenges, informative files, and the lesson status.
Start the Lesson by clicking on Begin Lesson. While your class is in Lesson Mode, students will not be able to access any CodeMonkey activities.
9. At this point, you can conduct your introduction using the lesson plan.
10. When you are ready for playtime, click on Assign Challenges. Playtime will enable your students to play the challenges relevant to the lesson. In case a student completes playtime early, they can always play Skill Mode challenges.
11. Once students complete the challenges and playtime is over, click on End Playtime and students will be blocked from the challenges once again.
12. Once you are finished, click on End Lesson to exit Lesson Mode and return students to free play.
13. After you end the lesson, the lesson’s status will be marked as complete and the lesson number will be filled in green. You can always un-check Mark Complete if you wish for the lesson to remain unmarked.
14. Please note that within 2 hours of beginning a lesson, the Lesson will be ended automatically and marked as complete. This is to prevent students from getting blocked in case you forget to end the lesson. However, if you wish to limit student progress so that they cannot pass the current lesson, you can do so in the Progress Tab.