To get more familiarized with the CodeMonkey-Clever integration, please refer to this article.
Teachers with a Clever Classroom account* will be able to import their Clever Classrooms to CodeMonkey.
*Don't have a Clever Classroom account and still looking to have your students join CodeMonkey with Clever's SSO? You would need to have them join your classrooms using the class code. Click here to learn how.
How to import your Clever classrooms:
- Login to CodeMonkey using your Clever SSO.
- In the left menu, click on ‘My Classrooms’.
- Click on the ‘+ Create New Classroom’ button underneath the classrooms’ table.
- When creating a new classroom, you will see the option to either 'Create New' or 'Import From Clever'.
- Choose 'Import From Clever' to import your Clever Classrooms.
- If you have yet to allow permissions for CodeMonkey to access classrooms and students data on Clever, you will be asked to in order to proceed.
- Your Clever Classrooms would then appear in a drop-down list. If you have already imported one of your Clever Classrooms, it will not appear in the list.
- Choose the classroom you would like to import, and choose the subscription it should belong to.
- Click on 'Create My Classroom' in order to complete the import.
- Importing classrooms is done one at a time.
- If you do not have enough available seats remaining in the subscription, an error message will appear and you will not be able to import the classroom. If you require additional seats, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finished importing your Clever Classroom to CodeMonkey?
Now that you have imported your classroom to CodeMonkey, you can access the classroom's dashboard.
A few things to point out which are unique when importing a Clever Classroom on CodeMonkey:
- A Clever imported classroom will have the following indication in the top right corner of the classroom dashboard from the Students tab.
- Only students in your Clever Classroom will be added (imported) to the CodeMonkey classroom. Students who are not in your Clever Classroom, will not be able to access it.
- You will be able to click on the “Sync Classroom” to sync your classroom at anytime in order to update the classroom’s student list (based on the list on Clever - either remove or add students) and / or update the classroom name as it appear in Clever (in case it changed).