This option is great if you want to create multiple accounts quickly. In order to register the entire class, create a CSV file that includes all of your students and upload the file directly to your classroom.
- Create a CSV* file with two columns listing all of the students:
- Column 1 will contain students’ Display Names (which cannot contain spaces AND must be unique within the classroom).
- To protect students' privacy, do not use any personal information such as their full name or birthday.
- We recommend using a nickname, first name only or first name and last initial (sarah.b).
- Column 2 will contain student passwords. Passwords need to be at least six characters long.
- Each student account should be in an individual row.
- Do not include a header row in the CSV file.
- You can create up to 60 student accounts (as CodeMonkey classrooms can consist up to 60 students).
- Save file in CSV format (Not sure how? see end of article)
- Go to www.codemonkey.com, and click on ‘My Classrooms’ from the menu. A list of your classrooms will appear.
- Click the classroom that the students need to be uploaded and go to the Students tab.
- Click on ‘Add students’.
- From the pop-up bar, select 'Create Multiple Accounts'.
- Click on ‘Choose file’ to locate and choose the file to upload.
- Click ‘Upload’.
- The users will be created and added to the classroom. Unique usernames will be generated based on display names. You may edit the username later in the student list.
- Use Student Login Cards to provide students with their usernames and passwords. You can also share with them the Classroom Login URL.
*Not sure how to create a CSV file? Follow these steps:
CSV, or comma-separated-values, files are native Excel file formats. That is, Excel can open and read them without any special converters.
- Open Microsoft Excel. Add the data in the first two columns, as described above. Do not add a header. You can Download this example file (make sure you are first signed into your account).
2. Click on 'File' and then 'Save As'. Change the "Save as type" drop-down from XLS to CSV
Note: Excel will give you a warning message that some features cannot be saved. Just click OK or Yes.
3. Close your Excel File
You will be asked to save the file again. You can click on "Don't Save" here.
4. If you are using Google Sheets, click on 'File', 'Download' then select 'Comma -Separated Values'.