Student accounts can be moved between CodeMonkey classrooms.
To move a single student:
- Using the ‘My Classrooms’ page, go to the classroom the relevant student is in.
- In the ‘students’ tab, locate the account and click on the ‘move’ button in the actions column.
- In the pop-up window, choose which classroom the student needs to be moved to and click on ‘Move student’.
- Please note: In case you move a student to a classroom that belongs to different subscription, moving this student will not free up a seat in its current subscription (unless it is a Flex Classroom subscription), and will take up a seat in the new classroom’s subscription.
To move student accounts in bulk:
‘Bulk Transfer Students’ is available in your Classroom page, beneath the classrooms table in the lower right-hand corner. This feature enables you to move students between classrooms (even students that are in expired classrooms) with just one CSV file.
To use Bulk Transfer:
- Create a CSV file with two columns: column 1 will contain students logins (usernames) as they appear in the classroom student list (make sure to use the students’ username, and not the display name). Column 2 will contain the code of the classroom you would like to move the students to. Do not include a header row in the CSV file. You can only move existing students.
2. In the 'My Classrooms' page, scroll all the way down and click on Bulk Transfer Students.
3. Click on Choose File to choose the CSV file you have created and then click on Submit
4. You will be asked to confirm the change. After confirming, wait a few moments until the loading bar gets to 100%.
5. Once the file has been uploaded, you will get a confirmation message.