In order to move student accounts between CodeMonkey classrooms, you can use the MOVE button from the Student list.
You are only able to move students between classrooms that you manage (the classrooms need to appear on your My Classrooms page).
Another way to move student accounts between classrooms is to have the student themselves join their new classroom using the class code.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to move a single or multiple students to a different classroom, or how to move student accounts between different classrooms ("Bulk Transfer").
To move a single student or multiple students to a different classroom:
From the ‘My Classrooms’ page, go to the classroom the relevant student/s is in.
In the ‘students’ tab, locate the account and click on the ‘MOVE’ button.
3. To choose multiple students, use the bulk action and check the box of the students you would like to move. Select 'Move To Classroom' from the drop-down menu.
4. In the pop-up window, choose which classroom the student/s need to be moved to and click on ‘Move student’.
5. Please note: In case you move a student to a classroom that belongs to different subscription, moving this student will not free up a seat in its current subscription, and will take up a seat in the new classroom’s subscription.
To move student accounts between different classrooms ("Bulk Transfer"):
‘Bulk Transfer Students’ is available in your Classroom page, beneath the classrooms table in the lower right-hand corner. This feature enables you to move students between classrooms (even students that are in expired classrooms) with just one CSV file.
To use Bulk Transfer:
Create a CSV file with two columns: column 1 will contain students logins (usernames) as they appear in the classroom student list (make sure to use the students’ username, and not the display name). Column 2 will contain the code of the classroom you would like to move the students to. Do not include a header row in the CSV file. You can only move existing students.
2. In the 'My Classrooms' page, scroll all the way down and click on Bulk Transfer Students.
3. Click on Choose File to choose the CSV file you have created and then click on Submit
4. You will be asked to confirm the change. After confirming, wait a few moments until the loading bar gets to 100%.
5. Once the file has been uploaded, you will get a confirmation message.
How Do Students Join a Classroom Using a Class Code